The Lulworth Estate is seeking an experienced Property Manager to take responsibility for the performance and day-to-day management of our residential property portfolio. Based at Lulworth Castle and Park, you will be looking after residential properties (ranging from flats, cottages and gatehouses to extensive farm houses, a former Abbey paddocks and garden land) and our community of tenants and occupiers, located within 12,000 acres of Dorset countryside, including five miles of UNESCO World Heritage Jurassic Coastline.
This is a key full-time role within our wider Property Team which spans residential, commercial, rural, events, estate management, planning and development, all being a vital part of our diverse business and fundamental to our social and environmental values. The position reports directly to the Head of Property and currently has one direct report, whilst also working closely with the Buildings Team, Accounts Team, Property Services Co-Ordinator and Estate Office Team.
- Achieve the highest standards of management and optimum performance of the estate’s residential portfolio, with a focus on dwellings, paddocks, allotments and garden land.
- Provide Landlord and Tenant expertise including lease/licence negotiations, rent reviews, renewals, notices, market valuations. Preparation of tenancy documentation, including plans using QGIS or similar.
- Budget setting and performance for the residential portfolio income and expenditure.
- Optimise the potential of the portfolio, driving income and increasing value whilst balancing long term business, social and environmental objectives.
- Champion high professional standards of communication and service to stakeholders, tenants, occupiers and members of the community. Lead strategy to enhance tenant experience.
- Ensure up-to-date legal and regulatory compliance and associated record-keeping for all properties, contracts and agreements. Develop implementation for portfolio future-proofing.
- Collaborative planning and implementation of planned and reactive repairs, alongside the Buildings Manager. Involvement with the specification and management of refurbishment projects.
- Implementation of sustainable practices to minimise environmental impact and promote energy efficiency.
- Management of the rent roll, ensuring accurate reviews, minimal debtors, timely payments and appropriate action for defaults.
- Administration of service charges and covenants.
- Oversee efficient utility and service supply management as well as council tax/rates and void costs, where applicable.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Self-motivated with the drive to deliver top class performance and value from the portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge and application of English property and lettings legislation.
- MRICS or CAAV is desirable, although candidates with relevant experience and alternative qualifications will be considered.
- Experience of responsibility in a similar role within residential portfolio management; ideally within an estate environment.
- A team player, reliable and friendly with strong communication skills and professional integrity, able to build strong relationships.
- Proficient software skills to include MS Word, Excel, GIS Mapping and Terrier/Property Management systems.
- Exceptional organisational skills, thriving in high-pressure environments and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
As well as a competitive salary of £40,000 – £50,000 per annum dependant on experience, we offer:
- Pension contributions rising to 10% after one year of employment
- Group life insurance and income protection after one year of employment
- Wellbeing support
- Retail, hospitality and event discounts and offers
- Free car parking across the estate outlets
- An inspiring and friendly environment in which to work
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of 16 October 2023