LCF Farm Administrator
We are looking for a farm administrator to look after all the farm records including; compliance, livestock, Nitrate Vulnerable Zone, assurance schemes and Environmental Stewardship along with day-to-day purchases and dealing with suppliers.
Lulworth Castle Farm is based on the Lulworth Estate in Dorset. Our 1100 Ha beef and sheep enterprise, runs one of the largest Environmental Stewardship Schemes in the County. We are predominantly grass based, with areas of SSSI and woodland requiring special management. We do things slightly differently here, to make the most of the amazing wildlife friendly farmed landscape that we have created.
This role is part time (2 days/16 hrs week) working on farming matters within the Ranger Team; there may be the possibility of further administrative work elsewhere on the Estate for someone looking for more hours.
· Ability to work under your own in initiative or within a Team.
· Computer literate (Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word, Outlook, Gatekeeper, Teams)
· Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Have experience, knowledge of livestock farming and/or conservation and interest in a farm office environment.
· Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for farm record keeping
· Numerate, with basic knowledge of accounts – though no book keeping is required.
· Maintaining electronic records
· Managing any physical filing
· General administrative work
· Work with members of staff, customers, and suppliers on a daily basis.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please mark the subject of the email ‘Farm Administrator application’ and mention in your covering letter.
To start as soon as possible.
Salary c. £12/hr depending on experience
Reference ID: Farms
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Head of Hospitality
The Lulworth Estate is seeking an experienced Head of Hospitality to join our busy hospitality team. This is a newly created position to allow further development of our food establishments on this beautiful Dorset estate, including a beach side café; a holiday park bar and restaurant; a thatched pub and restaurant; dining for high end holiday cottages.
- Training, management and development of the hospitality team
- Strict compliance on policies and procedures
- Managing and achieving the set KPIs, include shrinkage and labour costs
- Ensuring all outlets have great menus together with fantastic customer service
- Working with suppliers to source goods
- Promoting a professional and attractive environment at all times
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive salary dependent on experience
- Staff discount
- Generous pension contribution
- Working on a stunning, prestigious estate
The successful candidate will be passionate about hospitality and have creative flair. They will be able to manage, develop and motivate their team efficiently and possess faultless attention to detail. The candidate will want to make their own mark and develop our wonderful food establishments to become unmissable destination venues on the Jurassic Coast.
Please phone Sue Raywood on 01929 400 352 to discuss or send you cv and covering letter applying for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Chartered Surveyor
An experienced Chartered Surveyor is required to work within the busy property department of the Lulworth Estate.
The Lulworth Estate extends over 12,500 acres of beautiful Dorset countryside and includes five miles of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage site. It is visited by hundreds of thousands of visitors every year and the estate’s business is very diverse.
The Property Department deals with all areas of the estate’s business including farm tenants, commercial leases, residential housing, land registration, licensing, planning and development, the management of the Works and Landscapes teams and many other wide ranging activities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is able to take responsibility for a diverse range of tasks in all areas of the estate’s property business.
The successful candidate will be highly professional, work well both independently and in a team and be highly self-motivated. They will have excellent IT skills, meticulous attention to detail and commercial and rural practice experience working as a Surveyor in Estate Management.
Subsidised accommodation may be available to the right candidate.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or email us with any queries.