The Castle is open Sunday to Thursday 10.30am – 5pm (Last entry one hour before closing)
The Castle is CLOSED on Fridays & Saturdays. The park & grounds remain open on Fridays 10.30am -4pm.
The Castle & Grounds are Closed From Friday 23rd July Reopening Sunday 8th August 2021 For Camp Bestival
Lulworth Castle, Chapel and grounds & permissive footpaths are CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC on SATURDAYS for weddings.
We want you to enjoy your visit to Lulworth Castle & Park and for the safety of our visitors and staff we have made some changes.
We have a range of measures to help you adhere to social distancing guidelines and hygiene standards.
• Paid for tickets should be booked in advance. Children under 4 do not need to have a booked ticket but please let us know when you arrive how many under 4’s are in your group
• English Heritage**, HHA members & other complimentary tickets do not need to book but you must bring a valid membership card or voucher with you
• Our staff have been trained in hygiene and social distancing and provided with the necessary PPE
• We have a one-way route to guide you around the Castle
• The disabled entrance into the castle has changed please look for signage or ask a member of staff for assistance
• Hand sanitisers will be available at the entrances
• Barriers will be in place to help social distancing, particularly in queuing areas
• Takeaway only catering options will be available from the Tearooms
Preparing for your visit:
So that everyone can enjoy the castle safely and we keep our staff safe we ask that you respect the following:
• Please don’t visit if you have symptoms of COVID-19
• Please respect the Government and site guidelines on social distancing and hygiene
• Please queue and shop alone where possible
• Please supervise children at all times
• Toilets are available at the castle, but please stringently follow social distancing and hygiene guidelines
• Please look out for one way route signage and follow where possible
Pay & Display parking (£3 per vehicle all day) allows access to the Park & woodland walks, children’s playground and picnic areas. Parking charges apply to all visitors.
Tickets & Parking Charges
Tickets & Parking Charges
Pay & Display parking (£3 per vehicle all day) allows access to the Park & woodland walks, children’s playground and picnic areas.
There is a separate admission price for entry to Lulworth Castle, the Castle Lawns and the Chapel:
- Adults £6
- Children (4-15 years) £4
- Under 4’s Free
Entry is free of charge to English Heritage** & Historic House Association Members
**Corporate Memberships to English Heritage are not valid at this attraction including Cadw
- Disabled access to the Castle is via Tearoom. Access to the basement only. For disabled parking please drive around to the far side of the Castle.
- Toilets (including Baby Change) available in the Castle.
- The Castle Tearoom is open for takeaway hot and cold drinks, snacks and souvenirs.
- Children’s playground
Dogs are welcome into the Park, but must remain on leads due to the livestock. Only assistance dogs are allowed into Lulworth Castle, the Chapel and Church.