We want you to enjoy your visit to Lulworth Castle & Park and for the safety of our visitors and staff we have made some changes.
We’re introducing a range of measures to the Castle to help you adhere to social distancing guidelines and hygiene standards.
- Tickets for Lulworth Castle must now be booked in advance
- Groups of more than 6 are not permitted
- Group visits and coach bookings are not accepted at this time
- Our staff have been trained in hygiene and social distancing and provided with the necessary PPE.
- We have new welcome information and a one-way route to guide you around the Castle
- The disabled entrance into the castle has changed please look for signage or ask a member of staff for assistance
- We have increased onsite cleaning regimes.
- Hand sanitisers will be available at the entrances
- Barriers will be in place to help social distancing, particularly in queuing areas
- Takeaway only catering options will be available from the Tearooms
- At this time the Tower remains closed
Preparing for your visit
So that everyone can enjoy the castle safely and we keep our staff safe we ask that you respect the following:
- Please don’t visit if you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Please respect the Government and site guidelines on social distancing and hygiene
- Please queue and shop alone where possible
- Please supervise children at all times
- Face coverings are mandatory
- Toilets are available at the castle, but please stringently follow social distancing and hygiene guidelines
- Please look out for one way route signage and follow where possible
Tickets & Parking Charges
Tickets & Parking Charges
Pay & Display parking (£3 per vehicle all day, cash only) allows access to the Park & woodland walks, children’s playground and picnic areas.
There is a separate admission price for entry to Lulworth Castle, the Castle Lawns and the Chapel:
- Adults £6
- Children (4-15 years) £4
- Under 4’s Free
Entry is free of charge to English Heritage** & Historic House Association Members
**Corporate Memberships to English Heritage are not valid at this attraction including Cadw
- Disabled access to the Castle is via Tearoom. Access to the basement only. For disabled parking please drive around to the far side of the Castle.
- Toilets (including Baby Change) available in the Castle.
- The Castle Tearoom is open for takeaway hot and cold drinks, snacks and souvenirs.
- Children’s playground
Opening Times & Dates
The Castle & Park is typically open Sunday to Friday (Closed Saturdays) from Easter to December. It opens at 10.30am until 5pm, with last entry one hour before closing.
Lulworth Castle, Chapel and grounds are CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC on SATURDAYS.
There are additional occasions throughout the year when we close the Castle for events or alter the admission charges.
Dogs are welcome into the Park, but must remain on leads due to the livestock. Only assistance dogs are allowed into Lulworth Castle, the Chapel and Church.