Lulworth Estate, Dorset – Farm Administrator – part time 2 days/week, or up 5 days/week with additional admin duties
We are looking for a farm administrator to look after all the farm records including; compliance, livestock, Nitrate Vulnerable Zone, assurance schemes and Environmental Stewardship along with day-to-day purchases and dealing with suppliers.
Lulworth Castle Farm is based on the Lulworth Estate in Dorset. Our 1100 Ha beef and sheep enterprise, runs one of the largest Environmental Stewardship Schemes in the County. We are predominantly grass based, with areas of SSSI and woodland requiring special management. We do things slightly differently here, to make the most of the amazing wildlife friendly farmed landscape that we have created.
This role could be part time (2 days/16hrs week) working on farming matters within the Ranger Team, or up to full time in conjunction with administrative duties for our Farmhouse and Property department on this thriving Estate.
- Ability to work under your own in initiative or within a Team.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word, Outlook, Gatekeeper, Teams)
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Have experience, knowledge of livestock farming and/or conservation and interest in a farm office environment.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for farm record keeping
- Numerate, with basic knowledge of accounts – though no book keeping is required.
- Maintaining electronic records
- Managing any physical filing
- General administrative work
- Work with members of staff, customers, and suppliers on a daily basis.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to:
Please mark the subject of the email ‘Farm Administrator application’ and mention in your covering letter whether you would want to work part or full time.
To start as soon after 16th July as possible.
Salary c. £12/hr depending on experience