Deputy Head Gardener
A happy, fit, experienced gardener is required to work in our wonderful private garden within a Dorset Estate on the spectacular Jurassic Coast.
Much of the garden is well established but is continually evolving with a diversity of themed areas and a number of exciting new developments are scheduled for the near future. The garden is open for group visits in the Summer.
Several satellite gardens on the Estate are also cared for by the team.
You will report to the Head Gardener, and will be working within a small committed team. There is plenty of scope to make a difference while developing and diversifying your skills and knowledge.
We are looking for someone as follows
- A good knowledge of plants and horticultural techniques
- A good eye for detail
- A Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work off their own initiative
- At least 5 years horticultural experience relevant to this role
- Keen to learn and embrace new ideas
- Good verbal communication skills
- Happy working on own, and as part of our small team
- Personable, reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Relevant qualifications would be advantageous
Experience in the following areas is particularly desirable
- Mixed borders
- Climbing and rambling roses
- Hedge cutting and topiary
- Good knowledge of garden machinery
- Working to a high standard of finish
- Supervisory experience
This is a full-time, permanent position. It is live out with a potential for subsidised accommodation. Generous salary for the right person.
Please telephone Sue Raywood on 01929 400 352 for an initial chat or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.