First Aid At Work Re-Qualification
This two-day course is available to those who already hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are looking to renew this for a further three years. Learners will be required to cover the full First Aid at Work syllabus but this can be reduced to two days for the requalification course.
Lulworth Cove Visitor Centre, West Lulworth, Wareham, Dorset BH20 5PU
Dates & Times
Please contact the team on 01929 400155 for latest course dates or to arrange a bespoke training session.
The individual delegate rate is £160 for this two-day course. A group, private booking (up to 12 delegates) is £1,500
About The Course
This 2-day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire.
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
- A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied
Special considerations are:
- A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course. OR
- A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2-day course
- If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day FAW course
The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their requalification before they expire.
A range of subjects are covered including:
Legalities, responsibilities and reporting – Resuscitation and AED awareness – Assessment of the situation – Dealing with an unresponsive casualty – Bandaging – Shock (including Anaphylaxis) – Fractures and spinal injuries – Heart attacks – Choking – Control of bleeding – Head injuries – Eye injuries – Poisoning – Chest injuries – Sprains and strains – Burns – Asthma – Diabetes – Epilepsy – Stroke
- Successful qualification on this course is based on practical assessments conducted throughout the course and written test papers for unit 2.
- A three year Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Level 6 in Scotland) will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
Want to know more?
To discuss specific requirements, please contact the team on 01929 400155. Alternatively, please complete the form on the link below and we will be in touch.